LIVE, LOVE, RUN!!
One of my goals every year is to equip my students with the tools to find a physical activity that is fun and sustainable far beyond their school career. Running Superstars aims to do just that. This is a running club for 4th and 5th graders that is fun and goal oriented in order to keep kids healthy and moving.
How it works:
Club runs will be held on Thursdays from 3:15 - 4:15. This will be a first come, first serve club that does have a cap. We will work to build our aerobic (longer runs) and anaerobic (sprinting speed) endurance as well as core strength. Students will aim to earn the below milestone achievements over the course of the year. We will also get involved in community running events, such as local 5k’s.
Through this club, students will benefit in a number of areas:
- Physical Fitness
- Mental Toughness
- Increased Self Esteem
- Goal Setting
- Stress Relief
- Team Building/Sportsmanship
- School and Community Pride
- Fun Through Movement
- Club will be capped at first 30 runners to turn in permission slip
- More than two missed practices will result in dismissal from the club to make way for the next person on the waitlist
- Positive, team first attitude that always gives 100%
Please do not hesitate to email me any questions or concerns at Dylan.Jones@smcisd.net