Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors Degree - Elementary Education Masters Degree - Language & Literacy k-12
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! My name is Ms. Herbert and this is my second year at Bowie Elementary and will be teaching ELA on the 2nd-5th grade Voyager Team! Although I am fairly new to Bowie Elementary, I am not new to teaching. I have taught various grade levels by the sands and ocean in North Carolina and in the wintery and VERY cold Syracuse, New York. I am from Syracuse, NY but have enjoyed traveling and learning about new teaching techniques and styles throughout the years and am so excited to start my teaching journey in Texas.
I am very passionate about:
* My Family! I have one older brother who just got married, two younger sisters- one is a photographer and the other is attending college in upstate NY, and a younger brother who just graduated high school and is off to college to become a police officer. My fun-loving parents and siblings are all in NY but will thankfully visit often.
* Being outside! Whether it be hiking, swimming, chasing waterfalls, snowboarding, four-wheeling, or going for a walk- you can always find me outside (unless it's snowing).
* Baking! I LOVE to bake! I have perfected my grandmother's homemade chocolate chip cookies and love to spend my free time baking...I could always use taste testers!
* My Cat! No...I am not a cat lady; I would actually prefer puppies...but I ended up with a very FLUFFY (as we like to call it), a cat named SophieBear.
* Personalized Learning! The past 3 years I have been very passionate about learning how to teach differently as well as how to allow for more student voice and choice in the classroom and creating student leaders!
I look forward to learning about you and your family as well as kicking off this year at Bowie Elementary!
A little glimpse into the life of Ms. Herbert