American Heart Association
SMCISD partners with the American Heart Association to promote healthy lifestyles of the SMCISD community- Students, Parents, and Families. The partnership provides the following areas:
- Wellness wheel- monthly information to share on health related topics via email
- Go Red Challenge- to increase attention and focus on preventing heart disease accumulating in the February Heart Healthy Month.
- Check, Change, Control- A hypertension program providing blood pressure cuffs and information on how checking blood pressure is the first step to controlling hypertension. Available at each campus in the teachers lounges.
- Heart Walk- encouraging staff to get out an walk and participate in the annual community Heart walk each March .
- Jump Rope for Heart- Brings jump ropes or hoops to campuses to utilize through out the year and during the annual event. Individual campus sign up to participate.