The Purchasing and Warehouse Department is responsible for the acquisition and distribution of goods and services throughout the District while complying with state and federal law and maintaining the utmost transparency.
Our mission is to provide the highest level of customer service to SMCISD campuses and departments by providing guidance and processing procurement transactions in a timely manner. We strive to ensure the District is receiving the best value and quality through competitive bidding, product specification and the creation of strategic partnerships. We work as expenditure managers and assist the schools and departments with the spending of their funds. In addition to Contracts and Procurement staff, the department also consists of Warehouse Services, Copy and Print Services, and Mail and Delivery Services.
The District uses many cooperative purchasing alliances to procure goods and services. Utilizing these cooperatives allows the District to benefit from combined purchasing power while still following state and federal law and District policy.
- Buyboard (Buyboard Cooperative Purchasing)
- DIR (Department of Information Resources)
- HCDE (Harris County Department of Education)
- PACE (Purchasing Association of Cooperative Entities)
- TCPN (The Cooperative Purchasing Network)
- TIPS/TAPS (Cooperative Purchasing Systems)
- TXMAS (Texas Multiple Award Schedule)
- US Communities (Government Purchasing Alliance)
- Choice Partners
201 S. Suttles, San Marcos, TX 78666
P.O. Box 1087, San Marcos, TX 78667