Rattler 1:1 Overview
The Rattler 1:1 program will provide a dedicated device to every student in grades 6-12, and aligns to several of San Marcos CISD's Core Commitments, which aim to transform teaching and learning in SMCISD classrooms. The goal of our Rattler 1:1 program is to provide students with the opportunity to learn skills that are essential to success, including communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity.
By providing a device to students, we want to level the playing field and give each of them a chance to explore new learning methods and personalize their educational experience. We want to encourage them to be innovative and think creatively. The Rattler 1:1 program:
- helps prepare students of today for a world of tomorrow
- creates conditions for future success by helping students become the types of candidates desired by colleges and employers
- provides preloaded digital resources on devices
- helps students becomes creative, innovate problem-solvers - the type of candidates desired by college and employers
- provides equal access to technology in and out of the classroom
Students and parents must sign and agree to abide by the guidelines and policies as outlined in the document below.