2022 - 2023 Student Transfer Information
Important information regarding Student Transfers:
San Marcos CISD Families,
The transfer application link for the 2022-2023 school year is now closed. We are currently not accepting any transfer requests between August 16, 2022 and September 2, 2022.
Beginning on September 5, 2022, all transfer requests will be considered on an individual basis. Please email the Director of Student Support Services & Family Engagement, Mrs. Rose Pearson to request the transfer application link at email@example.com
- If a current transfer student is moving to a new school ex. 5th to 6th (Middle School) 8th to 9th(SMHS) Pre-K to Kinder(Elementary) and a transfer is requested, then it should be entered for approval.
- Students already on a transfer and in good standing automatically roll up and a new application is not necessary if they stay at the same campus.
- Students that were attending an Elementary on a transfer but want to attend their zoned Middle School do not need to submit a transfer. They can attend their zoned Middle School by selecting it during the returning student enrollment period and providing proof of residency.
Transfer Applications (For current and new students)
- The early transfer window concluded on February 21, 2022. A second window concluded on May 13, 2022. After this date, transfers will still be considered on an individual basis. Please email the Director of Student Support Services & Family Engagement, Mrs. Rose Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
*Approval of transfers will depend on space available at the respective campus. Students approved through the school choice transfer option, will not be eligible to receive SMCISD Transportation services.
- Elementary campuses feeding into Goodnight Middle School:
- Bowie Elementary
- De Zavala Elementary
- Mendez Elementary
- Elementary campuses feeding into Miller Middle School:
- Crockett Elementary
- Hernandez Elementary
- Rodriguez Elementary
- Travis Elementary
A map of the elementary and middle school boundaries can be found below:
Which campus are you zoned to?
To search by address, search for your address in the spreadsheet. The excel sheet is allowed for you to search your address by elementary campus. The elementary campus you are zoned to will tell you which middle school campus your student will be attending.
Elementary Boundary Map
Middle School Boundary Map
If in need of assistance, contact the San Marcos Administration Offices at 512-393-6700.
For information regarding admissions, student transfers, and transfer appeals, please refer to board policies FD(legal), FD(local), FDA(legal), FDA(local) and GF(local) located at: http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Section/618?filter=F
San Marcos CISD Anti-discrimination Policy: The San Marcos Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in its programs or activities.