2023-2024 Student School Choice/ Transfer Information
Student School Choice/Transfer Request Information:
San Marcos CISD Families,
In-District and Out-of-District School Choice/ Transfer Window is now open from Friday, February 3, 2023, to Friday, Friday 24, 2023, at 4:30 PM. Parents/Guardians will be notified by Friday, March 24th of the status of the Student School Choice/Transfer Request.
In-District and Out-of-District School Choice/ Transfer Form
Do you need to fill out a Student School Choice Transfer?
- If a student is currently on a School Choice/Transfer and is moving to a new campus (PreK to K, 5th grade to Middle School, and 8th grade to High School, YES, School Choice/Transfer request is necessary.
- Students with an approved transfer that are not moving to another campus automatically roll up to the next grade within the same campus. NO, School Choice/Transfer request is needed.
- Students that were attending an Elementary on a transfer but want to attend their zoned Middle School _ NO need to submit a new School Choice/Transfer. Students may attend their zoned Middle School by selecting it during the returning student enrollment period and providing proof of residency.
For additional information on Student School/Choice Transfers, please contact Dr. Elena Villanueva at email@example.com or 512-393-6734.
* Students approved for School Choice/Transfers will not be eligible to receive SMCISD Transportation Services.
- Elementary campuses feeding into Goodnight Middle School:
- Bowie Elementary
- De Zavala Elementary
- Mendez Elementary
- Elementary campuses feeding into Miller Middle School:
- Crockett Elementary
- Hernandez Elementary
- Rodriguez Elementary
- Travis Elementary
A map of the elementary and middle school boundaries can be found below:
Which campus are you zoned to?
To search by address, search for your address in the spreadsheet. The excel sheet allows you to search for your address by elementary campus. The elementary campus will display the middle school pattern.
Elementary Boundary Map
Middle School Boundary Map
If in need of assistance, contact the San Marcos Administration Offices at 512-393-6700.
For information regarding admissions, student transfers, and transfer appeals, please refer to board policies FD(legal), FD(local), FDA(legal), FDA(local) and GF(local) located at: http://pol.tasb.org/Policy/Section/618?filter=F
San Marcos CISD Anti-discrimination Policy: The San Marcos Consolidated Independent School District does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in its programs or activities.
Dr. Elena Villanueva
Director of Student Support Services & Family Engagement