Naming a Facility
The Board shall have complete authority to name any District, campus, building, property, or portion thereof. The following guide-lines shall govern the naming of all District facilities:
1. A facility may be named after a person who has served the District or community.
2. A facility may be named after any local, state, or national heroic figure.
3. A facility may be named after any local, state, or national geographic area.
4. A facility may be named after a corporation or organization that has made a significant contribution to society or education.
A name shall not be considered if the named individual, group, or organization is not in compliance with the District’s core beliefs and values or the terms of an agreement entered into with the District.
The nomination shall be presented in writing on a form provided by the District and shall consist of a brief, three-paragraph statement containing the following:
1. Biographical data;
2. The significant contribution; and
3. An impact statement explaining why a District facility should be named after the person.
The full version of the Naming a Facility (CW (Local) can be found online.
Proposals for naming a facility can be submitted via google Form.