Interested substitute candidates must complete an online profile and specific application via the SMCISD Careers webpage.
Candidates will need to meet the following requirements:
- Submit an official college transcript (verifying completion of 30 credit hours)
- List a minimum of two (2) current professional references on application (must include email address)
- Complete the fingerprinting process
NEW HIRE PROCESS
- Request Official Transcripts from College/University
- Complete all necessary New Hire paperwork
- Attend mandatory orientation
- Minimum to work 12 days per semester
Official transcripts must be emailed directly to email@example.com or they can be mailed or delivered to, SMCISD, Susie Vargas, HR Specialist, 631 Mill Street, San Marcos, TX 78666.
All employees must be fingerprinted and cleared through Human Resources prior to beginning employment.
Substitute Pay Rates
- Daily Flate Rate $105 per day
- Non-Certified Long Term
- Daily Flat Rate $120 per day (11 days or more consecutive)
- Daily Flat Rate $120 per day
- Certified Long Term
- Daily Flat Rate $150 per day (11 days or more consecutive)
Rates effective starting the 2021-2022 school year
Skyward Employee Access
Skyward Employee Access allows staff and substitutes to review their personal information.
Accessing Skyward Employee Access
Instructions for Employee Access