Interested substitute candidates must complete an online profile and specific application via the SMCISD Careers webpage.
Candidates will need to meet the following requirements:
- Submit an official college transcript (verifying completion of 30 credit hours)
- List a minimum of two (2) current professional references on application (must include email address)
- Complete the fingerprinting process
NEW HIRE PROCESS
- Request Official Transcripts from College/University
- Complete all necessary New Hire paperwork
- Attend mandatory orientation
- Minimum to work 12 days per semester
Official transcripts must be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be mailed or delivered to, SMCISD, Susie Vargas, HR Specialist, 631 Mill Street, San Marcos, TX 78666.
All employees must be fingerprinted and cleared through Human Resources prior to beginning employment.
HR Specialist - Substitutes
Substitute Compensation Plan 2022-2023
Skyward Employee Access
Skyward Employee Access allows staff and substitutes to review their personal information.
Accessing Skyward Employee Access
Instructions for Employee Access
- Instructions for Employee Access (PDF)
- Instructions for Employee Access - Temporary Workers & Substitutes (PDF)
Your Skyward password is tied to your district network account credentials, which expire every 90 days. If your network password is up-to-date and you still cannot login to Skyward, reach out to the Payroll Department using one of the following methods.
- Email email@example.com
- Call (512) 393-6783, (512) 393-6705, (512) 393-6708